Reduce, Reuse, RecycleHere at The Waterworks we promote and care for our natural environment by reducing, reusing and recycling wherever possible. Our objective is to protect the beauty and the peace of our surroundings so everyone can enjoy them.
- 70% of all materials used in the construction of our attractions have been recycled and once had a life as something else.
- 100% of the wood used comes from a sustainable forest 35km away in Colville.
- 100% of the water used to power the attractions is gravity fed from the creek. No electricity is used in the park’s gardens.
- 100% of our water is heated by solar power.
- 100% of our wastewater is filtered and recycled and used in our vegetable garden.
- 100% of all salad items eaten in the café are grown here in our vegetable garden. The eggs come from our own chooks, which in turn are fed the waste scraps from the kitchen.
- 100% of the organic waste from the park garden goes into making our compost.
In making the attractions for The Waterworks we have recycled and reused amongst other items: car axles, telegraph poles, toilets, a discarded swimming pool filter, buckets, numerous reused pots and pans, children’s potties, a copper hot water cylinder, a broken washing machine, mussel floats, tyres, teaspoons, and more ... come and see for yourself!
Sign Up for exclusive offers
Comments from our visitor book
Our Latest News
$5 Entry - Kick Off Summer
Come along for our $5 Entry Day and get in the summer mood
Check us out on YouTube!
Check out our reviews
Find us on Facebook